Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Means Innocence On Trial

On page # 64 in GPTG the author states that "the liturgy, media, instruments and vehicles of worship are never neutral." This is an interesting point... but before I completely agree with it, I would like to ask some questions/ and or state some obvious points. First, liturgy and media are obviously not neutral because they carry a message by themselves (a media presentation has a point, so its not neutral). But what I am questioning is the neutrality of instruments and vehicles of worship... How do they choose a side without being used by something outside of it. An instrument does not sit up on stage and present what it believes or a certain way of worshiping does (although I would say it can confuse) So, I just wanted to ask that question... is an instrument and ways of worshiping neutral...why/ why not?

Also GPTG states that "the how of worship exists for the what, whom and why of worship." I wont go into depth but this is wonderful. The how we do what we do is for the Lord and will then impact what we do. So, repeating again...The WORD is central.

No comments:

Post a Comment